Login to Sunday Morning eWorship — 9 a.m.
3 ways to participate in Worship Live
Streaming on Facebook, YouTube or via Zoom
To join Zoom go to: https://zoom.us/j/381324477
Or by phone: +1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 381 324 477
Remember Sunday Worship is also available any time on Facebook or YouTube
Bible Study — Wednesdays @ 9–10 a.m. (will also be livestreamed via Zoom)
If you wish to join us via Zoom, please contact the church office for the login info.
Pr. Scot is ALWAYS available for you. Please never hesitate to contact him. He’d love to hear from you!
ZOOM (video conferencing) for one-on-one meetings only: https://zoom.us/j/9456940896
Kids’ Time Every Sunday
Dear Mount Olive parents and all those young at heart, please join us for Kids’ Time every Sunday following online worship via Zoom.
Let us know if anyone in your family has had a birthday in the past week that we can help celebrate.
Prayer & Holy Communion
Even though we are uncertain when we will be able to resume corporate worship here at Mount Olive, we remember Jesus’ promise that wherever two or three are gathered in his name, he will be there with us. It’s because of that promise that I am inviting individuals or families to spend some time with me in prayer and the sharing of Holy Communion. Every Tuesday from 10 a.m. – 12 noon and 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. will be time set aside specifically for Prayer & Holy Communion.
- Please call the office to reserve your time. Only individuals or close family members.
- Times are every 15 minutes.
- Enter through the office door.
- Please wait quietly in the narthex if there are people in the sanctuary before you.
- Masks are required in the building.
If you did not make an appointment, you may drop in, but please know you may have to wait. Although Tuesdays are specifically for Prayer & Holy Communion, know that you can always drop in for Prayer & Holy Communion most anytime you see my truck in the parking lot. I always have time for you.
Peace, Pr. Scot
Songs of Hope
The season of Advent is not just a countdown to Christmas. Advent is about anticipation, self-reflection, and preparation for the return of Christ who will bring the Kingdom of God to fruition. The Kingdom where finally all people, all of creation, will be restored through the love of God. The season of Advent gives us the time to see how our hope is shaped by the anticipation of Christ’s return and the reality of God with us now, Immanuel. It is the hope that proclaims to the world the Kingdom of God is at hand, rejoice and be glad. This season of Advent we are offering an online time of preparation and reflection on Wednesday, December 2nd and 9th, 6:30 – 7 p.m. We also know that Christmas can be particularly difficult time for people who may be grieving a loss, for those who are living alone, or those who have painful associations with this time of year. Thus, on Wednesday, December 16th, 6:30 – 7 p.m., we are offering an online “Blue Christmas.” This will be a time of prayer and remembrance.
I pray that in this holiday season you will find joy and peace as we prepare our hearts for the coming of our Lord.
- Advent Worship – December 2nd & 9th @ 6:30 p.m. Zoom, Facebook & YouTube
- Blue Christmas – December 16th @ 6:30 p.m. Zoom, Facebook & YouTube
- Christmas Eve Worship – December 24th @ 4 p.m. Zoom, Facebook & YouTube
- Christmas Day Worship – December 25th @ 9 a.m. Zoom, Facebook & YouTube
Zoom Login for Advent, Blue Christmas, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day worships:
Meeting ID: 831 9191 4785
Dial by your location — +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 831 9191 4785
IMPORTANT FOR ZOOM USERS: The format for these Zoom worships is different than Sunday mornings.
- When you log in, you will first be put in a waiting room.
- The host will “admit” you to the Zoom meeting.
- IMPORTANT: Once the host “admits” you, you will be “live” and people will be able to see you & hear you.
- If you don’t wish to be seen or heard, turn off your camera and mute your mic.
We’ll spend a few moments before each worship to help you if you have any Zoom questions/problems. We aren’t able to have in person worship, so we thought that it would be good if we could at least see each other in this way.
Friends of Jesus Christmas Children’s Gift Collection
This year, our Sunday School will again collect gifts for inner city Milwaukee children through a program called Friends of Jesus. They are looking for new gifts costing a minimum of $15. Please wrap and place under the Christmas tree in the Fellowship Hall through Sunday, December 6th, at 9 a.m. Info and name tags are located on our website.
Drive-Thru Advent Blessing
DECEMBER 6th, 10:30-11:30 a.m. — MOUNT OLIVE PARKING LOT
Why should I get out of my nice warm house to drive through a parking lot?
- To see the smiling eyes of your faith community! Pastor Scot and our Backpack Sunday School guides will be there to help!
- To pick up:
- Consecrated elements for Holy Communion
- Advent resources
- ELCA Good Gifts ornaments or cards for that someone special!
- Christmas Eve in a Bag, including candles, glow sticks for the kids, a worship bulletin, plus a luminary for your home!
- Backpack Sunday School Refills
- Paper copies of God’s Story, our story weekly bulletin inserts.
- To drop off:
- Financial contributions to support the ministries of Mount Olive
- Pre-wrapped Friends of Jesus toys- see info and label elsewhere in the newsletter. December 6th is the deadline for these gifts!
- Hats, scarves, mittens, and gloves for the Service Team collection.
2020 Christmas Eve Luminaries
This Christmas Eve, we invite you to help decorate the sidewalks surrounding Mount Olive with luminaries as a witness to the coming of the Light of the world, Jesus Christ. In addition, a luminary for your home will be available for you to pick up at the December 6th Drive-thru Blessing or from the Mount Olive office during regular business hours. We ask that you place the luminary on your doorstep and light on Christmas Eve. There is no cost for the luminaries, but if you would like to make a freewill offering, all proceeds will be sent to The Women’s Center in Waukesha.
You can also dedicate your luminaries for in memory or honor of loved ones. All dedications will be listed during our Christmas Worship. Please print clearly. You may list other dedications on the back of this form. Request forms can be found at our website: www.mountolive-elca.net. Please drop off this form or mail it to the church office no later than Monday, December 14th.
The first meeting of the newly formed AMMPARO Team is as follows. All are invited to attend!! Contact Karen Sperstad for more information about joining the AMMPARO Team.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020 — 7 p.m. via Zoom – link below
Topic: Intro to AMMPARO
Time: Dec 8, 2020 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting @ https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88370756454?pwd=dWhDcGhkbi9uQ3g3anp4TXlHeWdnUT09
Meeting ID: 883 7075 6454 — Passcode: 796086
One tap mobile — +13126266799,,88370756454# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location — +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 883 7075 6454
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kfcWcZUre
Are you looking for a space to open to the wonder of God through the Scriptures and prayer? Please consider these two offerings led by Betty Hinkelman. No prior experience necessary, contact Betty for details. If you have interest, but these require alternative times, contact Betty as well.
- Lectio Divina (Divine Reading): Group meets December 7th and 21st at 11 a.m., via Zoom.
- Centering Prayer: This is a new group which will meet on December 14th at 11 a.m., via Zoom.
Care Needs: As the pandemic continues and there is much uncertainty in our lives and communities, please know that Mount Olive is a resource for you to draw on. Please contact Pastor Scot or Cindy Dobberke if you find yourself in need.
WOW Series 2
The WOW series have begun. You can sign-up to receive it by email, or have a card mailed to you each week. For more info about WOW and to Sign up click here. You can also sign up by calling the office.
The Knotty Knitters are meeting again weekly in the Mount Olive Fellowship Hall on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon for anyone who feels comfortable coming in person. They are a group that invites anyone interested to join them in the church library on Friday mornings from 10 a.m. to 12 noon to knit prayer shawls and such, share stories, and have goodies. All are welcome…no experience necessary. If you have questions, please call Betty Hinkelman or Inge Adams.
Face Mask Ministry
Need a cloth face mask? They are available through the Mount Olive office, courtesy of the Mount Olive Mask Making Ministry. Please contact the office at 363-8251 for sizing (regular, large, or children’s) and to place your order.
Food Pantry December Needs: Dish and laundry soap.
Please Let Us Know:
If you, a family member, or a friend would like to have a visit from the pastor, please notify the church office or Pastor Scot. We rely on you to keep us informed so that our ministry with you can continue: 262.363.8251, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
- Mailing your offering to the office: Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 211 Main Street, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Donating via our webpage: Make a one-time or recurring donation. Any recurring donation will require you to register if you don’t already have a Simply Giving account. Contact Debbie in the office if you need any help with the webpage.
Simply Giving: Consider using Simply Giving to automate your support of Mount Olive’s ministries. Simply Giving™ is an automated plan for church members to offer their first fruits to God. For those who would like to sign up for Simply Giving, we now make this option available from our church homepage: www.mountolive-elca.net. Those already on Simply Giving can make changes to their scheduled giving plan. Thank you for your consideration.